My Top Games and Why

  10. Hearthstone

 

 

 

 

 

Even though I haven't really played WOW, I do like this strategy card game. I like playing the game casually, as far as competitive goes, it is hard to get anywhere without buying something of some extent. I am just a little too impatient to sit and spend hours upon hours earning very little gold and dust to gain more cards to build decks. It just seems more like you have to pay to become competitive or take the time to slowly get there alone. I mostly play the arena or brawl when I do play.

 

9. Watchdogs 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Now this game kept my attention throughout both of them. Mixing the feel of GTA with hacking and technology was a perfect idea to go along with the upcoming generations. This game had a little bit of everything. I liked that it had puzzles and missions that required stealth. There was just a lot to do in this game which kept me busy for a while. I have yet to play it online, but I will eventually.

8. Old School Runescape

 



Old School Runescape is a MMORPG game that has been around for years. The game itself is fairly simple, yet time consuming. Sadly, my original account that I had spent all that time on has been lost and I can never get it back again. Such a bummer... Since then I have created a new account and continued to try and build it back up close to where I was before. It is taking time but having a membership helps some! The thing that keeps my interest in this game is the skill building and crafting aspect. Building up skills is my main goal for Runescape. I have yet to play the new version. I have tried it and just really didn't like what it had changed into. OSRS still has a large following which will hopefully never let the game die.

7. Final Fantasy XV

 

 

 

 

   

Now there is nothing wrong with the original Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy 7-9 on the Playstation were really great and were my favorites in their time. Oh and who could forget the multiple discs the game came on right? FFXV just brought a whole new perspective to the series. Of course the turn based action is something Final Fantasy fans have been accustomed to, but I found myself really liking the live action that was in the game. It gave me quite a few hours of game play and even more with all of the side quests. I still play this game even though I have conquered the main story line.

6. Walking Dead Telltale Series

 

 

 

  

 

I absolutely loved the Walking Dead Series! I'm not so much of a fan of the TV series as I am of the game. Playing this game allowed me to play a horror game in a chill manner without waking anyone in the house up from sudden pop-up scares. It has a lot of game play hours if you actually go through and find the endings yourself. I have replayed these series over again and there is always something different. In my opinion, the very first series was the best. It just seemed as if there was more thought put into the story plot and game play. The story pulled me in and had roller coasters of emotions and suspense which kept me curious about what was to come. It really is a shame to hear about Telltale shutting down because although their other games didn't make the list, they were still a good play.

5. Zoo Tycoon

 

 

 

 

 

Any good fan of simulations will remember the Zoo Tycoon for the PC. This has always been on of my favorite older simulations. The amount of control you have over your zoo is what attracts me to this game. Not only that, but the game poses challenges when building exhibits which makes it more fun for me to play. I will have to say that the new Zoo Tycoon is not anything like the original. I purchased it for the Xbox and it was so horrible. It was nowhere near the complexity that the PC version brought to the table. I would say that the Xbox version is more for children than teens or adults.

4. Ark: Survival Evolved

 


 

 

   

I have only just recently been playing ARK on the Xbox after hearing good things about it. So far I am totally hooked. The expansive free-roam map is crazy to explore. I almost want to think that the game is impossible to beat because there is always something to do. I am into survival games and ARK really fits that genre. I like that the maps are adjustable because it makes it easier to learn your way around the game. One thing that really stood out was the manual navigation. It took me a while to get used to the idea, but once you play a while longer it becomes much easier. I could spend months at a time on this game and never get bored of it. One hint though, be careful not to lose your dinos unless you can track them. You may never find them again..

3. Rock Band

 

 

 

 

Now Rock Band is a game I have played so much, that my controllers are all worn down. Luckily I found replacement pads for the drums! Rock Band 3 in particular had loads of great songs as DLC. I have yet to try Rock Band 4 though. After seeing the set was over $500 I figured I would wait to get an adapter for my kit instead. Rhythm games are awesome, but mixing it with rock music makes me a happy gamer. I am not a complete pro, but I am good!

2. The Sims

 

 

 

 

The Sims series have always been close to me ever since the original version. I remember playing the original sims and all sims after that. This game has consumed hours upon days of my life and the reason being that it is an escape into another life for me. I have played every Sims game. Including Ps2 Castaway, Urbz:Sims in the City and Bustin' Out. I will say the Sims Castaway for the Ps2 surpasses the PC because it gives the player a different type of game play. You have to scavenge for your own resources to build items like you would in a survival game. If you are a fan of both the Sims and survival genres, I suggest you give it a try if you can find it. So far I have been enjoying the Sims 4 with expansions and I will have to say that I am loving the added emotions and interactive careers. I am really glad they brought back businesses! One thing that I miss from the Sims 3 though is the advanced styling that you could use in build mode. The Sims is a game I will continue to play.

 1. Halo 3

 

 

 

 

As far as competitive an overall gaming goes, Halo 3 has to be top of my list. I have played this game a little after it's release on the Xbox 360 and will continue to play it until it becomes obsolete. What I love about this game is that it is a more chilled pace with little power up advantages unlike Halo 5. I can get go about with my sprees without having to worry about the the extras. Also, the physics of Halo 3 are so much more flawless than not only the newer Halo series, but other games I have played. Not to mention, the Halo 3 community in it's time was just hilarious.

 

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

Labels

Recent Posts